This gorgeous, super friendly boxer/lab was Murphy. His photo has graced our Dog page before. He belonged to my daughter Amy and her partner Dave. Sadly when Amy was with me and her sister Julia in Quebec for the birth of her nephew she got a call from Dave to say Murphy was having a hard time breathing and that he was going to the vets. Not long after Amy got the bad news that poor sweet Murphy had passed away. It turned out that he had swallowed a chicken bone from the neighbours compost which had perforated his stomach and gone into his lungs.
We all miss this big lovable galloot ! Murphy, where ever you are I hope there is water and something to fetch!